Glue, Volatile solvents and aerosols easily pass through the blood-brain barrier, alerting mood.
Signs of Intoxication: Giddiness, impulsiveness, irritability, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, rapid disorientation, lightheadedness, dizziness, confusion, confusion, progressive drowsiness and loss of coordination. Large doses can lead to disorientation, muscular weakness, possible hallucinations and loss of consciousness.
Withdrawal Symptoms: Irritability, agitation, increased heart rate.
EFFECTS OF CHRONIC ABUSE
- Mind & Behavior: Misperceptions, clouding of thought, possible amnesia, violent outbursts, emotional instability, depression, general anxiety.
- Central Nervous System: May cause nerve damage leading to numbness and tremors.
- Heart & Blood: Irregular heartbeat, chest pain, development of life threatening anemia.
- Brain: Brain Damage.
- HEAD-Eyes: Irritation, light sensitivity, double vision.
- Nose: Irritation, sneezing, runny nose.
- Mouth: Irritation.
- Ears: Ringing; hearing loss.
- Lungs: Cough, possible impairment of lung function.
- Liver: Possible liver damage or liver failure.
- Kidneys: Kidney damage or failure with chronic use.
- Bones & Muscles: Muscle and joint aches; limb spasms, bone marrow damage.
Fetus: Severe toxicities to fetus.