#Talkdituth (TDT) is our prevention programme that is offered to secondary school students that supports a peer training approach to ganja education. TDT is the youth component of a larger national ganja education programme.
The aim of the programme is to delay the onset of ganja use among secondary school students. The programme is not an anti-ganja campaign but a education campaign that seeks to provide leadership skills and scientific knowledge on the use of ganja (good and bad) to its participants
The programme seeks to provide a safe and fun environment to open a conversation about ganja based on fact and not fear.
- The NCDA interacts with the schools to invite present or potential student leaders to participate in a student leader/advocacy training session
- This leadership training covers topics such as:
- Rapport building and communication strategies with peers
- Stages of change
- Managing people
- Leadership development
- Project management
- Ganja Science
- Goal Setting and Decision making
- Legal Framework for Ganja in Jamaica