Artificial hormones used to treat various medical problems. Increases weight, size and strength. When abused they can halt growth prematurely and lead to numerous adverse health conditions.
Signs of Intoxication: Aggressive behavior, sever mood swings, depression. Yellow eyes and skin (Jaundice).
Withdrawal symptoms: Depression, fatigue, restlessness, insomnia, loss of appetite, craving for drug headaches.
EFFECTS OF CHRONIC ABUSE
- Mind & Behavior: Emotional instability, severe mood swings, aggressive behavior, depression psychotic episodes.
- Heart & Blood: High blood pressure, fat build up, hardening of the arteries, risk of stroke and heart attack.
- Liver: Risks include jaundice, tumor, hepatitis; liver cancer.
- Kidneys: Risk of malfunction.
- Bones & Muscles: Bone damage, tendon degeneration and increased risk of tendon tears.
- Sexual Organs: Risk of infertility, impotence.
Other Risk: Acne; acceleration of male patterned baldness in men and hair loss in women; coarsening of the skin; decrease thyroid function; risk of cancer; masculinization in women (increase of facial and body hair; deepened voice).