Signs o ntoxication: Increased alertness and energy , decrease appetite. Large doses may cause tremors, sweating, anxiety, insomnia, agitation, delusions, hallucinations, delirium seizures and coma.
Withdrawal Symptoms: Fatigue, restlessness, confusion, depression.
EFFECTS OF CHRONIC ABUSE
- Mind & Behavior: May lead to compulsive behavior, emotional instability, paranoid delusions. May cause anorexia, severe mood swings, suicide and/or homicidal impulses, acute toxic psychosis.
- Central Nervous System: Stimulated activity.
- Heart & Blood: Increased blood pressure, irregular heart rate.
- Brain: May cause permanent neural alteration and brain damage.
- Fetus: May increase risk of birth defects especially of the heart; premature birth; low birth weight.
"Ice" a smokeable of methamphetamine, which comes in a crystallized chunk form, is highly potent and addictive. Chronic use can result in serious psychiatric, cardiovascular, neuromuscular and metabolic disorders.