Signs of Intoxication: Increased energy, sense of pleasure, sociability, feeling of euphoria. Negative eects may include sweating, muscle tension, increased heart rate, suppressed appetite, nausea, vomiting, blurred vision, grinding of teeth, jaw pain, anxiety, panic attacks, tremors and hallucination.
Withdrawal Symptoms: Confusion, panic, insomnia – may last for weeks.
EFFECTS OF CHRONIC ABUSE
- Mind & Behavior: Severe depression, confusion, anxiety, paranoia, apathy, distortions in perception and memory, insomnia, suicidal tendencies.
- Heart & Blood: Increased heart rate and blood pressure, possible cardiovascular failure included by high body temperature and dehydration.
- Brain: Destruction of serotonin neurons, possible irreparable brain damage.
- Lung: Damage; may cause internal bleeding.
- Liver: Jaundice and liver damage.
- Kidneys: Kidney failure.
- Muscles: Muscle tension, rigidity, breakdown of skeletal muscle.
Other Risk: Severe hypothermia (possible to 110-F or 43. 3-C) tachycardia; convulsions, sudden collapse, coma; potentially fatal.