Signs o ntoxication: Bloodshot eyes, incoordination, enhanced sensations and perceptions, increased appetite, dry mouth, possible dizziness and nausea.
Withdrawal Symptoms: Symptoms may include restlessness, irritability, mild agitation, insomnia, sleep disturbances, nausea, cramping and craving for the drug.
EFFECTS OF CHRONIC ABUSE
- Mind & Behavior: Decrease sense of time, confusion, inability to carry out multiple tasks, short-term memory impairment; users may become apathetic, anxious: high doses may trigger paranoia, hallucinations and "flashbacks" in susceptible individuals.
- Heart & Blood: Reduces oxygen delivery to the heart muscle. May increase heart rate and lower blood pressure. This may pose significant risk to people with heart disorder.
- Lungs: Heavy smokers suffer bronchial irritation and inflammation leading to an increase risk of bronchitis and other pulmonary disorders.Possibly carcinogenic.
- Immune System: Possible decrease in immune responses increasing risk of infections and disease.
- Sexual Organs: Reduces hormone levels; may reduce fertility in both men and women.
- Fetus: May contribute to premature birth. Marijuana freely crosses the placenta and is secreted in breast milk; possible delay development after birth.