Dangerous Drugs (Amendment) Act 2015 - Facts
- This Fact Sheet sets out the main changes that have been made to the Dangerous Drugs Act (the "DDA").
- Recent amendments to the DDA made by the Dangerous Drugs (Amendment) Act 2015 will introduce several important changes to the way the DDA will operate in relation to ganja.
- When the Dangerous Drugs (Amendment) Act 2015 comes into effect, new provisions will be in place regarding the pos session and smoking of ganja, use of ganja by persons of the Rastafarian faith, and use of ganja for medical, therapeutic and scientic purposes.
- The Dangerous Drugs (Amendment) Act 2015 came into operation on the 15th day of April, 2015.
- Some aspects of the new law will not be operational until
regulations, which are being developed, are put in place.